The beautiful hill resort of Dalhousie is situated on five hills of the mountain range of Himachal Pradesh. Settled by the British rulers in the 19th century, this place is known for its historical significance and natural elegance.
Thousands of tourists come here every year to be attracted to the attractions of many sites like the magnificent golf course in Dalhousie, the natural sanctuary and the confluence of the three rivers. book Dalhousie sightseeing package and explore the copious beauty of this place.
Surrounded by natural beauty, enchanting climate, numerous scenic spots, and dense deodar forests, Dalhousie is a beautiful hill station located in the Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. The place is situated on five hills – Kathlaung, Powertrain, Tehra, Bakrota, and Balun. Situated at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level, this place is spread over a small area of 13 km. On one side, the icy peaks spread far and wide, on the other hand, the gleaming streams of Chenab, Vyas and Ravi rivers offer breathtaking views.
Dalhousie is not the less historical significance, full of scenic views. British rulers were also greatly influenced by its natural elegance and climate. He bought 5 hills from the king of Chambal in 1853 and laid the foundation of this resort. It was named after Lord Dalhousie, the then British Governor-General of India. Since then English officials started coming here to enjoy the summer holidays.
Although there is a unique view of nature at every step in Dalhousie, some places to visit in Dalhousie are particularly famous. To see them every year, tourists start coming after the month of March. We offer a variety of tour packages from Delhi to Dalhousie. Book one of those at your convenience.
The major tourist attractions of Dalhousie are listed here. Enjoy your trip to Dalhousie from Delhi.
- Panchpula and Satdhara Panchpula is located only 2 km from Dalhousie. It is named after the natural tank here and the five small bridges built on it. Another delightful site is the Satadhara waterfall at a distance from here. For some time, there were 7 streams, but now only one stream is left. Despite this, the beauty of this waterfall remains intact. It is believed that the water of Satdhara is full of natural medicinal properties and has the ability to prevent many diseases.
- Kalatop has located only 8 km from here, the picnic spot Kalatop. In the small sanctuary located here, many species of deer, bears, and birds can be seen roaming in the natural environment. There is also a historical Baoli, known as Subhash Baoli. It is said that in 1937, Subhash Chandra Bose spent five months here and he used to drink the water of this madness.
- Tourists also arrive in large numbers at the beautiful Lakshmi Narayan Temple, located 200 meters from Subhash Baoli. The rest house is also situated for the tourists who wish to spend some time in the natural landscape.
- The palace and temples of the tenure of the Chamba kings are also present in the Jaddi Ghat, a little away from the historical site Dalhousie. These palaces and temples are unique in offering a unique piece of architecture. The Hariraya temple, built at one end of the greenery Chaugan (Maidan), called the heart of Chamba, has a glimpse of unique art-skills. Here is the Bhuri Singh Museum, where historical documents, paintings, and coins are stored.
When to visit?
The weather is pleasant throughout the year, but the most suitable time is considered to be between April to June and October to December.
How to reach?
- Railroad:The nearest railway station of Dalhousie is Pathankot, which is located at a distance of 80 km from here. Almost all the trains going to Jammu and Kashmir go via Pathankot. Pathankot is also connected to Jalandhar, Amritsar, and Jammu apart from Delhi.
- Airways:The nearest airport to reach by air is Gaggal, Kangra, which is located about 124 km away.
- By Road:Dalhousie can also be reached by bus or taxi from Delhi, Pathankot and other places. Book taxi in Dharamshala and Dalhousie and enjoy this amazing place.
Where to stay: Many rest houses and hotels of different rates are available in Dalhousie, where there is a good stay.
A visit to Khajjiar Dalhousie resort seems incomplete without seeing Khajjiar. The place is located at a distance of 27 km from Dalhousie. In fact, Khajjiar is famous for that beautiful lake, which has a beautiful shape. The site is situated amidst a long and dense forest of cedars and there is also a temple, whose dome is covered with a layer of gold. This place is especially liked by tourists interested in playing golf, as it also has a spectacular golf course. Along with this, the amazing confluence of Vyas, Ravi, and Chenab rivers can be seen in Dainkund, located 10 km from here. It is the highest point of Dalhousie.