Spiti Valley Overview
Spiti is a major tourist attraction of Himachal Pradesh. Spiti literally means ‘middle ground’, which lies in the eastern border of Himachal Pradesh, bordering the Tibet region of India and China. This place is a paradise for trekkers and hikers. This area is quite high and difficult. Both Lahaul and Spiti district consists of valleys separated by the Kunjum Pass. Book Holiday Taxi Tour in Kullu Manali and visit this amazing place.
What Makes Spiti An Amazing Tourist Destination in Hindi
Here in the small village of Langza you can see different kinds of birds. Here you can just sit on different slopes of the village and see a glimpse of birds like Garuda, eagle and vulture in the sky. Apart from this, there are many places in Spiti where you can get a glimpse of these elusive birds.
The Spiti Valley is also known for being home to one of the oldest monasteries in India, such as the Kai Monastery, a fort-like structure and resembling traditional Chinese architecture, which has a magnificent Buddha shrine. You can also include Tabu Math, Lahlang Math and Gandhola Math in the visit to the monasteries here.
Lakes also have a stake in Spiti’s attractions. The most famous lakes here are Chandratal lake and Suraj Tal lake. Chandratal lake derives its name from its crescent-shaped view and is a haven for photographers. Suraj Tal Lake is another famous lake in Spiti, and is the third-highest lake in entire India. This lake is an ideal place for camping. Premium taxi Rental Spiti Valley services is provided by us. Avail the benefits of quick taxi and cab booking services.
Best time to visit Spiti Valley
Summer is the best time to visit Spiti. Those who want to spend their holidays comfortably should visit Spiti in this season. The temperature of Spiti ranges from 0 to 15 degrees Celsius when there is strong heat all over India. It is best to avoid traveling to Spiti in the monsoon months as frequent heavy rains, landslides and slippery roads can spoil your trip completely. Winters are quite fast in Spiti. So, there is no better time to travel than the summer season.
Major tourist places of Spiti Valley
- Chandratal lake – Chandratal lake is a tourist and trekker’s paradise. This lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in the mighty Himalayas at an altitude of about 4300 meters. The name “Chandra Taal” (lake of the moon) is derived from its crescent.
- Key Monastery – Key Monastery is a famous Tibetan Buddhist monastery in the Lahaul and Spiti districts of India. Kai Monastery is situated at an altitude of 4,166 meters above sea level and is very close to the Spiti River in the Spiti Valley of Himachal Pradesh.
- Kunjum Pass – Kunjum Pass is also known as Kunzum La by the locals. It is one of the highest motorable mountain passes in India, located at an altitude of 4,551 meters above sea level. This scenic pass serves as the gateway to the Spiti valley from Kullu and Lahaul and is about 122 km from Manali.
- Pin Valley National Park – Pin Valley National Park is located in the Cold Desert Biosphere Reserve located in Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh state. The height of this national park ranges from about 3,500 meters to its summit of over 6,000 meters.
- Suraj Tal- Suraj Tal is the third largest lake in India situated at an altitude of 4950 meters above sea level. Suraj Taal in the Spiti valley literally means ‘lake of the Sun God’. Just below the Baralacha Pass, the stunning lake must be visited to visit this area.
- Dhankar Lake – Dhankar Lake is situated on the other side of the mountain near dangerous rocks 5 km from Dhankar Math. It takes about an hour to go from Dhankar Math to the lake. You can spend a peaceful time on the banks of this lake and see the changing colors of the sky.
Other major destinations include-
- Trilokinath Temple
- Shashur Math
- The Barlacha La
- The strong Tebo
Book Holiday Taxi Tour in Spiti Valley from our portal and you will get the best cab booking experience. Visit different locations from our quality taxi booking services in Spiti valley and enjoy your holidays.